Clear all

Prayer request

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
FWH Techumseh
(@fwh-techumseh)
Topic starter

In May I was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma.  The way the Drs found it is a miracle.  It was a bacterial infection (possibly from the neighbor's dogs) that brought me into the hospital about the middle of May. At the time, I thought that my appendix had burst but it was really my spleen that was oversized and overworked fighting cancer and the infection simultaneously. I had a physical in March and a colonoscopy in April this year. There was nothing to suggest that I had cancer. (Now I know that night sweats, unexplained weight loss, and bloating are warning signs) When the ER Dr. conducted a CAT scan he discovered several tumors.

I've had two chemo treatments thus far.  Praise God no nausea!  But the chemo really sucks all the energy out of me for a couple of days.  I was going thru some terrible back pain because my spleen was pushing everything against my back.  Even morphine wouldn't dent the pain.  Now, I'm much better and even going to the gym for light work outs. 

I have 4 more treatments to go that will take me through November.  Then, they'll inject some of my stem cells (that they took a while ago) into my bone marrow and hopefully that will keep it at bay.  The family has been wonderfully supportive.  The Lord has blessed me with great insurance.  All I ask is that you keep me and my family in prayer.  And if you sign in to WoW make sure you say hi! 

God bless you all,

Thomas

"The worst tank in the history of Asheroth"

Posted : 19/07/2018 2:38 pm
FWH VolShebnik
(@fwh-volshebnik)
Member Admin Group

Dang Tech, hang in there brother. You're in my thoughts as is your family. Please keep us updated with your progress!

Posted : 20/07/2018 12:51 pm
michalec1216
(@michalec1216)

Amerwyn and I are praying brother... stay strong and keep us informed

Posted : 20/07/2018 4:57 pm
FWH Mikill
(@fwh-mikill)

Prayers for you.  Cancer sucks. Chemo is no fun at all. I know. I've had to beat Lukemia twice (ALL).  Just keep a positive mind and your faith in God.  It will all work out! 

Posted : 21/07/2018 5:07 am
FWHJames
(@fwhjames)

That is certainly bad news. I had Colon Cancer and beat it for two years now. It was so unreal the whole time I was going to treatments. I got into a huge microwave and they cooked me while I was taking pills that made me feel strange. The whole time it seemed like it was not me that was going through this. I would go into cycles of crying, praying, being mad, being depressed, trying to ignore it, and being resigned to my fate. I had a wonderful team of Doctors and Lord willing I am a survivor now. You will make it. It sounds like you got a good team looking out for you also. 

Posted : 25/07/2018 10:20 am
Share: