Clear all

Hi

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
FWHJames
(@fwhjames)
Topic starter

Just a hello. What is everybody playing these days?

I still log into  https://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php and keep things running. I have a Jedi character but the amount of exp you need per box of various skills is very high and I have a life now days so I don't get much of that done. I can make roughly 10,000 exp per hour and the box I need to get is 1.4 million. BUT once I get that box it speeds up a tiny bit. 

I have finished Fallout 4 a few times since August and looking at Fallout 76, but doubt I will get into that for awhile until it kind of settles down. Watching the various youtubers play for a bit the game looks kind of rough right now. 

So I am going back to playing Baldur's Gate II the Enhanced Edition. It really is a wonderful game and they are going to redo Never Winter Nights to clean it up and make it playable on modern devices even on cell phones. The people at  https://www.beamdog.com/ are redoing these old games I think with the goal of making a Baldur's Gate III which was planned back in the day but they had studio problems then Black Isle Studios was purchased and broke up the various teams that made the games. Or something like that 

I am also playing Puzzles and Empires on my phone its one of those phone game time sinks 

Posted : 14/11/2018 7:14 pm
FWH VolShebnik
(@fwh-volshebnik)
Member Admin Group

I've mostly been playing Minecraft with my oldest boy on our server. I've been working on creating quest content, which requires quite a bit of scripting in the command block language Mojang created in game. It's not easy, but is very rewarding when you can make things happen in the game that aren't in the game normally, such as custom mobs, custom bosses and boss battles, custom armor/weapons, new unexplored worlds and more. It's a lot of fun to see my boy light up when he completes part of a quest I designed!

Aside from MC, I play Boom Beach on my phone, and sometimes Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast, but the latter is a huge grind so gets boring after a bit of play. The grind of the game aside, the play is fun, and the story line is not bad at all. Plus the background music for the game is all Iron Maiden music, which is pretty awesome!

Posted : 15/11/2018 12:37 pm
FWH Mikill
(@fwh-mikill)

Been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 as time allows. I check into swgemu a couple times a week also just to keep tabs. I'll get Smash Ultimate when it comes out.  That'll be fun to play with my kids.

Posted : 16/11/2018 8:31 am
FWHJames
(@fwhjames)
Topic starter

I have my students doing Code.org and they have many simple code exercises for mine craft. 

Posted : 17/11/2018 1:49 pm
FWH Vystrel
(@fwh-vystrel)

Posted by: FWHJames

I have my students doing Code.org and they have many simple code exercises for mine craft. 

I recently met Hadi Partovi (Code.org founder/CEO) at one of our company events (he's on our board); he's a really dynamic individual.

Posted : 28/03/2019 10:42 am
FWHJames
(@fwhjames)
Topic starter

That's cool. I was told by the administrator of my school to stop letting them play games. She is an idiot. Got Coding.com blocked from the school network. I had to explain what it was before they would unblock it. 

Posted : 26/05/2019 7:35 am
Share: